The CHICAGO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ALLIANCE is a group of organizations working together that
- PROMOTES Chicago as a vibrant center for the development and management of IP
- LINKS those with interests in intellectual property
- PROVIDES quality educational programs in IP
- HIGHLIGHTS regional expertise in intellectual property
- COMMUNICATES new developments in IP law and practice
- ENABLES access to and exchange with professionals in IP
- UNDERSCORES opportunities in the Chicago region in the IP arena
The Chicago Intellectual Property Alliance (CIPA) is a 501(c)(3) not for profit entity that identifies and promotes Chicago, the Midwest and its committed intellectual property practitioners, law schools, associations and businesses as the intellectual property center for new ideas, programs and education.
- Guest Post: The real puzzle in Campbell Soup v. Gamon Plus
- How to use DOCX in EFS-Web and PAIR
- BEAST MODE vs. BEAST MODE SOCCER
- Chestnut Hill Sound Inc. v. Apple Inc.
- Collabo: v. Sony: Due Process Violation and a Takings
- Abstraction in Software Patents (and How to Fix it), 18 J. Marshall Rev. Intell. Prop. L. 364 (2019)
- There Has Been an Infringement of My Work and My Circuit Does Not Allow Me to Sue! The Time Has Come to Hash-Out the Federal Circuit Court Discrepancy on Copyright Registration, 18 J. Marshall Rev. Intell. Prop. L. 344 (2019)
A timely analysis of McRO v. Bandai et al. just out from the Federal Circuit, by Ross Dannenberg, Aseet Patel and Peter Nigrelli at the Banner and Witkoff website.
IP around CHICAGO-LAND
The Chicago IP Alliance is happy to announce the new officers. President–Sarah Biggs, McAndrews, Held & Molloy; President-Elect: Meggan Duffy, Marshall Gerstein; Vice President: Aseet Patel, Banner & Witcoff; Secretary: Alex Wang, Brinks, Gilson & Lione; Treasurer–Sana Hakim, K&L Gates.