The CHICAGO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ALLIANCE is a group of organizations working together that
- PROMOTES Chicago as a vibrant center for the development and management of IP
- LINKS those with interests in intellectual property
- PROVIDES quality educational programs in IP
- HIGHLIGHTS regional expertise in intellectual property
- COMMUNICATES new developments in IP law and practice
- ENABLES access to and exchange with professionals in IP
- UNDERSCORES opportunities in the Chicago region in the IP arena
The Chicago Intellectual Property Alliance (CIPA) is a 501(c)(3) not for profit entity that identifies and promotes Chicago, the Midwest and its committed intellectual property practitioners, law schools, associations and businesses as the intellectual property center for new ideas, programs and education.
- Guest Post by Walker and Wasserman: Situating PTAB Adjudication Within the New World of Agency Adjudication
- Welcome to Iowa Law’s New Dean, Kevin Washburn
- Iowa Law’s New Dean, Kevin Washburn
- Administering Patent Law: the Iowa Law Review Symposium
- AIA Trials and the Sunsetting of Covered-Business-Method Review
- Deja Vu or Copyright Infringement? Why Melania Trump Infringed on Michelle Obama’s Copyrighted Speech Through Subconscious Copying, 17 J. Marshall Rev. Intell. Prop. L. 360 (2018)
- Failure is Not Falling Down But Refusing to Get Up: Implication of Huawei/ZTE Framework (CJEU 2015) in Europe, 17 J. Marshall Rev. Intell. Prop. L. 326 (2018)
A timely analysis of McRO v. Bandai et al. just out from the Federal Circuit, by Ross Dannenberg, Aseet Patel and Peter Nigrelli at the Banner and Witkoff website.
IP around CHICAGO-LAND
The Power of PTAB: The New Authority in Patent Law is a conference that will take place on Friday, 20 October 2017 at Chicago-Kent College of Law. It will feature leading academics, attorneys, and officials to examine that expanded role of PTAB in patent law. Registration is available.
John Marshall Law School presents its 61st Annual Intellectual Property Law Conference on Friday, 3 November 2017 at the Union League Club for morning sessions and at JMLS for the afternoon sessions in downtown Chicago. Registration is open.
On Monday, 6 November 2017 CIPA is proud to be the Gold Sponsor of the inaugural IP Awareness Summit, the first conference to address the role of IP understanding–or lack of it–in innovation, ideas, and value creation. The conference is being put on by the Center for IP Understanding in conjunction with the IP Management and Markets Program located at Chicago-Kent College of Law. The event is by invitation only, highly interactive, and will allow maximum time for exchange among panelists and attendees.