The CHICAGO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ALLIANCE is a group of organizations working together that
- PROMOTES Chicago as a vibrant center for the development and management of IP
- LINKS those with interests in intellectual property
- PROVIDES quality educational programs in IP
- HIGHLIGHTS regional expertise in intellectual property
- COMMUNICATES new developments in IP law and practice
- ENABLES access to and exchange with professionals in IP
- UNDERSCORES opportunities in the Chicago region in the IP arena
The Chicago Intellectual Property Alliance (CIPA) is a 501(c)(3) not for profit entity that identifies and promotes Chicago, the Midwest and its committed intellectual property practitioners, law schools, associations and businesses as the intellectual property center for new ideas, programs and education.
- November Patent Quality Forum Series
- Reversionary Rights: Unusual Ways to Have A Second Bite at the Copyright Apple
- In re Aqua: Amending Claims Post Grant in an IPR
- IPLS Social
- Lunch Talk on Job Applications
- IPLS Symposium: Marijuana and IP Law
- Maria Pallante Out as Chief of Copyright Office: New Calls for Unified US Intellectual Property Office
A timely analysis of McRO v. Bandai et al. just out from the Federal Circuit, by Ross Dannenberg, Aseet Patel and Peter Nigrelli at the Banner and Witkoff website.
IP around CHICAGO-LAND
On Thursday, 22 September 2016 Chicago-Kent College of Law hosts the 7th Annual Supreme Court IP Review Conference. The conference is designed to provide intellectual property practitioners, jurists, legal academics and law students with a review of IP cases from the U.S. Supreme Court’s previous Term, a preview of cases on the docket for the upcoming Term, and a discussion of cert. petitions to watch. The conference is approved for 5.5 hours of general MCLE credit in Illinois and Pennsylvania. Register.
On Thursday, 29 September 2016 Marshall Gerstein IP will sponsor a Fall Fundraising Auction for Girls4Science.
Purchase tickets. Preregistration reguired.