The CHICAGO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ALLIANCE is a group of organizations working together that
- PROMOTES Chicago as a vibrant center for the development and management of IP
- LINKS those with interests in intellectual property
- PROVIDES quality educational programs in IP
- HIGHLIGHTS regional expertise in intellectual property
- COMMUNICATES new developments in IP law and practice
- ENABLES access to and exchange with professionals in IP
- UNDERSCORES opportunities in the Chicago region in the IP arena
The Chicago Intellectual Property Alliance (CIPA) is a 501(c)(3) not for profit entity that identifies and promotes Chicago, the Midwest and its committed intellectual property practitioners, law schools, associations and businesses as the intellectual property center for new ideas, programs and education.
- Changes to the Rules of Ethics for Patent Law Practitioners
- Cert Denied; and What is left?
- A Swarm of Gnats and Injury-In-Fact
- Law School Canons: You can’t always “have it your way!”
- Patently-O Bits and Bytes by Juvan Bonni
- What’s In A Name? Curver Luxembourg And Its Implications For Design Patents, 20 UIC REV. INTELL. PROP. L. 54 (2020)
- Living Heritage, Stolen Meaning: Protecting Intangible Native American Cultural Resources Through The Right Of Publicity, 20 UIC REV. INTELL. PROP. L. 31 (2020)
A timely analysis of McRO v. Bandai et al. just out from the Federal Circuit, by Ross Dannenberg, Aseet Patel and Peter Nigrelli at the Banner and Witkoff website.
IP around CHICAGO-LAND
The Chicago IP Alliance is happy to announce the new officers. President–Sarah Biggs, McAndrews, Held & Molloy; President-Elect: Meggan Duffy, Marshall Gerstein; Vice President: Aseet Patel, Banner & Witcoff; Secretary: Alex Wang, Brinks, Gilson & Lione; Treasurer–Sana Hakim, K&L Gates.