The CHICAGO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ALLIANCE is a group of organizations working together that
- PROMOTES Chicago as a vibrant center for the development and management of IP
- LINKS those with interests in intellectual property
- PROVIDES quality educational programs in IP
- HIGHLIGHTS regional expertise in intellectual property
- COMMUNICATES new developments in IP law and practice
- ENABLES access to and exchange with professionals in IP
- UNDERSCORES opportunities in the Chicago region in the IP arena
The Chicago Intellectual Property Alliance (CIPA) is a 501(c)(3) not for profit entity that identifies and promotes Chicago, the Midwest and its committed intellectual property practitioners, law schools, associations and businesses as the intellectual property center for new ideas, programs and education.
- Facebook is Prevailing Party Even Though Case Dismissed as Moot
- Supreme Court 2019-2020: Introduction to the Term’s Patent Cases
- My Take after Oral Arguments: Supreme Court Likely to Affirm in Peter v. NantKwest
- DISTORTED DRUG PATENTS
- Patently-O Bits and Bytes by Juvan Bonni
- Intersection of Antitrust Laws with Evolving FRAND Terms in Standard Essential Patent Disputes, 18 J. Marshall Rev. Intell. Prop. L. 259 (2019)
- The Uncertain Protection of "Derivative" Trade Secrets, 18 J. Marshall Rev. Intell. Prop. L. 241 (2019)
A timely analysis of McRO v. Bandai et al. just out from the Federal Circuit, by Ross Dannenberg, Aseet Patel and Peter Nigrelli at the Banner and Witkoff website.
IP around CHICAGO-LAND
The Chicago IP Alliance is happy to announce the new officers. President–Sarah Biggs, McAndrews, Held & Molloy; President-Elect: Meggan Duffy, Marshall Gerstein; Vice President: Aseet Patel, Banner & Witcoff; Secretary: Alex Wang, Brinks, Gilson & Lione; Treasurer–Sana Hakim, K&L Gates.