An impressive roster of speakers from USPTO, USTR, ITC, ICANN plus outstanding local attorneys discussed pressing issues and future trends related to domestic and international intellectual property issues as countries transition from a global recession to thriving economies. Trends regarding domain names, litigation, licensing, and outsourcing were some of the topics for discussion.
U.S. District Judge Matthew Kennelly delivered the luncheon keynote address.
The event has been approved for 6.25 MCLE general credit hours.
Welcome, Dean David Yellen, Loyola University Chicago
Introduction, Cynthia M. Ho, Loyola University Chicago, Morning Moderator
Domestic Issues in a Global Economy: A View from the USPTO
Lynne G. Beresford, Commissioner for Trademarks, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
IP in International Trade: Legal and Policy Tools
- Stanford K. McCoy, Assistant U.S. Trade Representative for Intellectual Property and Innovation
- Lynn Levine, Director, Office of Unfair Import Investigations, United States International Trade Commission (ITC)
- Featured Speaker: Hon. Matthew F. Kennelly, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
New gTLD’s: What you need to know about the next Internet Gold Rush!
- Melissa Rotunno, Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, Moderator
- David Giza, Senior Director, Contractual Compliance, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
- Frederick Felman, Chief Marketing Officer, MarkMonitor, Inc.
- Mark V.B. Partridge, Partner, Pattishall, McAuliffe, Newbury, Hilliard & Geraldson LLP
Cowboys and Outlaws: Protecting Patents and Trade Secrets and Policing False Advertising
- Julie Katz, Husch Blackwell Sanders Welsh & Katz LLP; Moderator
- Kevin J. McDevitt, Partner, Neal McDevitt, LLC
- Lisa A. Carroll, Assistant General Counsel, Applied Systems, Inc.
- Charles R. Krikorian, Vice President, Intellectual Property and Legal Counsel, Lundbeck Inc.